Have you entered the storehouses of the snow...Job 38:22

Monday, February 7, 2011

Another Beginning

It's snowing in Tennessee. Seems I am not done with snow yet. It's a wet heavy snow and coming down pretty fast. The ground is covered but not the roads. The temperature right now is 39 degrees. If it drops too much, it might be a messy commute or evening.

It's nice to be "home." As much as any place is home, Tennessee is home right now. I woke up in my own bed. Fixed breakfast in my small kitchen. Everything is so familiar and yet it is strange.

As I left South Dakota last Thursday, I recorded some of my feelings as I left. I have put the audio together with some photographs from the last three years. It's a bit rambling in spots but I hope you'll take a few minutes and hear my reflections and thoughts as I left the Storehouse of Snow.

Likely this will be the last installment on this blog. I did record somethings as I entered back into Tennessee. I may post them here, we'll see. Although nothing I have said in this blog is necessarily profound or meaningful to anyone other than myself, I hope you've enjoyed taking this journey with me. As you listen and watch this video, it's not only my thoughts you'll hear, but my heart.


Leaving the Storehouse of Snow from Joyce Lighari on Vimeo.

And so this chapter is closed and a new journey begins....

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the video. I hadn't cried really yet, just teary eyed here and there. My heart was so heavy last week...and now this definitely did it.

    Oh, Joyce, you have no idea how much you mean to me. Your friendship has been such a blessing and continues to be, and I praise Jesus for you. What a blessed, blessed day when I bumped into you at Cottonwood Bistro and got up the courage to approach this amazing woman at the table next to me (though I see the pictures and you know Miles played one of the ducks in Trickster and the Troll, and as the Norwegian boy at the end?). Our paths were purposed to cross one way or another. Take good care! [HUG]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early in your sharing you were looking for a word to describe how you were feeling... "verklempt" came to mind (Yiddish for choked with emotion) ☺

    I'm also reminded of another chorus we used to sing... ♫ "He gave me beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garden of praise for a spirit of heaviness..." ♫

    As is usual with any change, there may be bumps along the way. I pray for God's peace during this transition, that you may celebrate the beauty He has made from the ashes, and that you may delight in the garden of praise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To God be the glory, great things He hath done!"

    I'm going to miss having you in the state (even though most of our contact has been online). I look forward to living vicariously through your doctoral progress. (It gives me hope that someday I'll get to pursue my master's degree, as I planned when I moved to Pierre for "2 years, tops" in 1978.)

    God bless you in every way, as you dwell in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you close the door behind you, you are opening up a new one before you.
    I pray that the days ahead will be filled with God's compassion, loving kindness and favor. That new vistas will be opened to you
    ...heartfelt video
    Lin

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments grace-filled and appropriate.